Daggerfall Unity 0.11.3 is now available on Live Builds page. This is another general bug-fix release with some updates to mod system.
Starting from this release, I’m attaching zipped builds along with patch notes to Releases page on GitHub. This will eventually become a longer-term archive for older builds even after they’re cleaned up from Live Builds page. If there’s enough demand, I can work through attaching older builds to previous releases on this page.
Now that I’m finally caught up with code review, I’ll be able to get back into the localization tutorial series. This series was pending some fixes rolled out in 0.11.2 and 0.11.3, so please be sure to update before the next article in series is published.
Quest Debugger Input Changes
The quest debugger has a few changes to input settings. These changes are to prevent accidentally opening debugger during normal play, free up the Tab key for other uses, and to make shortcuts easier on non-US keyboards. For example, the square bracket keys [ and ] are not so easy to use on AZERTY keyboards.
If you are not a quest author or don’t care about quest debugger, you can ignore these changes.
- Quest debugger is now disabled by default. Must edit EnableQuestDebugger=True in settings.ini to activate it again.
- Ctrl+Shift+D now cycles through debugger display states off/partial/full
- Ctrl+Shift+LeftArrow now opens previous active quest while debugger active
- Ctrl+Shift+RightArrow now opens next active quest while debugger active
- Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow now teleports to next dungeon quest marker while debugger active inside dungeon
- Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow now teleports to previous dungeon quest marker while debugger active inside dungeon
Note: Some inputs might move character, e.g. Ctrl+Shift+D will also move character slightly to right when activating debugger. This is expected and not considered a breaking issue for a debug/development feature that is normally disabled.
General Fixes & Improvements
- Potion maker: Fix issues tracking ingredient stack count between cauldron and player inventory
- Conjured arrows: Don’t stack conjured arrows with different time-to-live
- Conjured arrows: Always shoot conjured arrows first, priority to lowest time-to-live
- Conjured arrows: Change colour of arrows to show if conjured or real in inventory and arrow counter on HUD
- Conjured arrows: Prevent shooting a conjured arrow converting to a real arrow
- World: Fix classic bug relating to %ef macro not using correct local race for building names
- DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow: Change access permissions to allow overriding by mods
- DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow: Allow events to be overridden by mods
- DaggerfallLoot: Allow mods to add or modify loot items via FormulaHelper.ModifyFoundLootItems() override
- Inventory UI: Right-click now works as described in Daggerfall manual to perform complement of equip/remove, appearance cycling moved to middle-mouse
- DaggerfallInventoryWindow: Change access permissions to allow overriding by mods
- Biographies: Fix issues parsing patched BIOG files
- Biographies: Add ability to add custom biographies
- FormulaHelper: Add hook to override CalculateCasterLevel
- FormulaHelper: Add hooks to override spell costing formulas CalculateTotalEffectCosts, CalculateEffectCosts, ApplyTargetCostMultiplier
- Magic: Fix spells with multiple effects ending too early
- World: Fix incorrect nature billboards at climate borders
- ActionDoor: Add support for MeshCollider
- RuntimeMaterials: Fix bug where dungeon texture not applied if runtime material not attached to base object
- MeshReplacement: Fix regressions of new scripts not added to mod-added models
- TextBox: Do not draw defaultText if null
- World: Extend town borders by 4096 units – increases distance at which flavour text is displayed, guards will chase player out of town, etc.
- Magic: Fix player not receiving payload of Damage Fatigue effect
- Formula: Fix randomness of levelup health roll so this is always different, even after a reload
- Localization: Fix exception when determining size of new font atlas using deprecated fields
- Engine: Update Addressables package to 1.17.17