If you’ve been around the DFTFU Subreddit, you may have noticed that community member LypyL has been working on a set of multiplayer extensions for the Daggerfall tools. He has now progressed to the point where he’s ready to show off some progress.
I played a bit of this with LypyL a few hours ago and had great fun exchanging blows and flying (literally flying) around the map taking swipes at each other. He’s done an amazing job so far, and I’m excited to host his achievement here on Daggerfall Workshop.
Daggerfall Tools for Unity – Streaming World Multiplayer Test by LypyL
Note: Requires the Unity Web Player.
- Click to capture mouse (webplayer).
- ESC to uncapture mouse (webplayer).
- Mouse move to look.
- W, S, A, D to move.
- SHIFT (hold) to run.
- SPACE to jump.
- LEFT-CLICK mouse to open doors, operate switches, etc.
- Q no clip/fly.
- E climb mode.
- Z toggle weapon.
- Right-click and drag mouse to swing weapon.
- On running, players will try and connect to active games on server if there are any, and if not will start a new one.
- Games are capped at 4 players (and currently max concurrent user limit of 20 – so up to full games)
- On joining/starting game, player has to set their name (either accept the random name or put in a new one in the input box).
- They will spawn outside of Daggerfall. I pretty much left all of the streaming world settings at default.
- Added scaled down location markers to make other players easier to find. Player names will also be displayed above their skins w/ 3d text meshes.
- Players get randomly chosen skins on joining (which aren’t synced among clients – they’re different for everyone). Attacking & moving is animated (the hurt animations should be working, but I can never get them to play for some reason).
- Basically nothing else is synced up – audio, doors etc. are not implemented yet.
- I switched to one of the standard asset skyboxes due to the sky rig breaking in the web build for some reason.
- There is basic combat implemented for messing around. On being hit, a player will lose health until they reach 0 or less, then their position will be set randomly (to somewhere nearby to where they are), and if they are inside, they will transition outside.