This is my first week back from holidays and work is kicking my butt right now. I’m not finding the time I need to really sit down and polish the streaming world demo as much as I’d like. Rather than delay it longer, I’ve decided to release a web demo for everyone to play with. That buys me time for things to settle down at work while I chip away at the final demo. Please consider this a pre-release test and forgive the rough edges.
Streaming World Pre-Release Test 1
Note: Requires the Unity Web Player.
- Explore the entire Illiac Bay. Any region, any climate, anywhere.
- Run smoothly between cities over actual Daggerfall terrain read from game data.
- Full day/night cycle with animated skies and city lights.
- Enter any building in any town or city.
- Control an athletic player who can jump onto small buildings and sprint at high speeds through the wilderness.
- Location beacon helps you find cities in the wilderness.
- Entire world is built procedurally right inside your web browser.
- Not optimized. Uses a lot of memory over time.
- May encounter a brief hitch when updating sky animation or streaming in a large location.
- No bounds checking. Possible to run off extreme edge of world or crash.
- Running very distant from starting point will cause precision issues. A fix is in progress to resolve this.
- No compass or map to help you navigate.
- Cannot enter dungeons at this time.
If you encounter problems with precision or fall through ground, please use R to travel to random location or 1-4 for preset locations. See controls below.
- Click to capture mouse (webplayer).
- ESC to uncapture mouse (webplayer).
- Mouse move to look.
- W, S, A, D to move.
- SHIFT (hold) to run very fast.
- SPACE to jump.
- LEFT-CLICK mouse to open doors, operate switches, etc.
- R to travel to a random location.
- 1-4 to travel to a preset location.
I hope you have fun with this pre-release demo. Thank you for your patience while I take care of real-life stuff.