I’m working through code changes required to transition Daggerfall Tools for Unity to Unity 5. The first priority is full compatibility then I can look at taking advantage of new features.
Here is a summary of compatibility tasks I am working on and those which have been completed. I will update this list as I progress and release a Unity 5-compatible Developer Preview of 1.3 when ready. This should be available within a week.
Initial Unity 5 compatibility update is now available on git. I still need to do more work and testing but it should be mostly good to go. Just avoid the new Deferred Shading path for now.
- Fix billboard batch shaders self-shadowing in Deferred Shading path.
- Update Streaming World Demo with effects now available to all users.
- Fix default reference changes.
- Fix white terrain textures.
- Fix MIDI synthesizer not running.
- Fix MIDI synthesizer sample speed.
- Fix sound effects based on audio changes.
- Fix obsolete methods/properties and other warnings.
- Fix DaggerfallActionDoor collider errors.
- Fix PlayerMouseLook exploding/bugging out.
- Update integrated iTween to latest version.
- Fix fog in Deferred Shading path. (N/A. Requires new Global Fog effect). This will be part of new demo scenes in future update.