For the latest test builds visit the Live Builds page.
Daggerfall Unity 0.2
Daggerfall Unity 0.2 is now available for general download. Key features of this build are:
- Nearly complete item back-end. Monster loot and treasure piles coming soon.
- Inventory UI.
- Setup helper UI.
- Persistent data for settings, keybinds, and saves.
- Hundreds of small bug fixes and enhancements.
- Travel map (Lypyl).
- Almost complete support of dungeon actions (Lypyl).
- Updates to enhanced sky (Lypyl)
- Dungeon and interior auto-map (Nystul).
- Realtime reflections (Nystul).
- Animated grass and birds (Uncanny_Valley).
Current version: 0.2.9 (9 April 2016)
WindowsDownload Daggerfall Unity Test (Windows)
LinuxDownload Daggerfall Unity Test (Linux)
MacDownload Daggerfall Unity Test (Mac)
Note: Mac build is experimental as I don’t own a Mac to test on. Please let me know how you go with it on forums (see below).
Game Files (Universal)
For convenience, below is a universal archive of compatible Daggerfall game files. This is primarily for platforms where installing Daggerfall is more difficult (e.g. Linux) but can be used on any supported desktop platform.
DaggerfallGameFiles.zip (Google Drive link)
- This download contains game data only for Daggerfall Unity. It is not a standalone version of Daggerfall.
- Please unzip game files to a separate folder than your Daggerfall Unity install.
- You only need to download game files once, they should remain usable with future versions of Daggerfall Unity.
- Mouse to look.
- W, S, A, D to move.
- C to toggle crouch.
- SHIFT (hold) to run.
- SPACE to jump.
- LEFT-CLICK mouse to open doors, enter dungeons, operate switches, etc.
- ESC to pause game or go back to previous window.
- F5 to open Character Sheet.
- F6 to open inventory.
- M to open interior automap (indoors only).
- V to open travel map (outdoors only).
- ` (backquote) to open console. Enter help to list console commands.
- Z to unsheathe / sheathe weapon.
- H to switch equipped hands.
- RIGHT-CLICK and drag mouse to swing weapon.
- F9 to quick-save.
- F12 to quick-load.
Note: Keys can be rebound by editing keybinds.txt. See manual for more details. A full key-binding UI will be implemented in a future release.
A PDF manual is included with the download, but you can also download a standalone copy.