Media files can be easily imported as loose files from the StreamingAssets folder with predefined formats and settings. An alternative is to bundle data inside a mod to benefit of load order and additional customization.
Sound effects for player, enemies and environment can be imported as loose files with wav extension or bundled as instances of AudioClip. The AudioClip type allow to set some options that affects quality and size of the sound file. Decompress On Load should be a good choice as Load Type for this kind of sound data.
- SoundClipName inside a mod as an AudioClip with any supported format.
A complete list of sounds names can be found here.
Songs can be imported as MIDI data or digital sound data. Digital files always take precedence over MIDI equivalents.
MIDI files can be imported as loose files or bundled as instances of TextAsset.
- Song_Name inside a mod as a TextAsset with extension .mid.bytes
Digital sound files can be imported as loose files with ogg extension or bundled as instances of AudioClip. The AudioClip type allow to set some options that affects quality and size of the sound file. Streaming should be a good choice as Load Type for this kind of sound data.
- Song_Name inside a mod as an AudioClip with any supported format.
A complete list of songs names can be found here. Run tdbg via game console to check current playing song.
Movies can be imported as loose files with mp4 extension (webm on Linux) or bundled as instances of VideoClip.
- name inside a mod as a VideoClip with any supported format.
Names: All ANIM00**.VID files (from 00 to 15) plus DAG2.VID.
- DFJukebox: Play audio directly from within Daggerfall Jukebox, or export to standard file formats. Sound is exported to .wav, and music to .mid.
- DaggerSound: Extract sound files from DAGGER.SND. You may need to use Audacity’s raw import to actually make a use of the extracted .wav files (see here).
- WINRipper: Extract HMI files from MIDI.BSA and convert them to MIDI files.
- dfmusics2.zip: All MIDI song files from the game.
- VIDTitle: A collection of tools for adding subtitles, captions, or other overlays to Daggerfall VID files.
- DagVid V1.01: A Daggerfall and Skynet video file player for Win 9X/NT, with source code (broken download link).
- DFVid2AVI 0.43b: Write out to AVI.
You can get the tools without a link from the UESP wiki.