New Builds For July 2018
These are the first round of public builds after upgrading to Unity 2018. There are some general changes in these builds related to updated engine version you should be aware of.
- Some mods might not work under new builds. Check the Released Mods forum for an update and please let the creator know if any problems running their mod in latest version.
- Enhanced Sky is probably the main mod known not to work with this new version. You will just see a pink background instead of the sky. Nystul is currently working on an update for Enhanced Sky compatible with latest version of the game.
- For Windows users, the “output_log.txt” file is now in your persistent data path (same place as settings.ini and save games). Please refer to this link to find where your Player log is saved based on OS. The included manual still needs to be updated with this information.
- For Windows users, you will also see a couple of new files “UnityPlayer.dll” and “UnityCrashHandler32/64.exe”. You can ignore these and just run “DaggerfallUnity.exe” as normal.
Besides the update to Unity 2018 for builds, there are some new features and bug fixes.
- Improved near death experience (MeteoricDragon) – Introduces a subtle pulsing warning when player is at extremely low health. Can disable from Advanced settings at startup.
- Magic Item & Potion Maker crafting stations in progress (Hazelnut) – Work has started on these crafting stations and the general UI is now available. They are not yet completed and currently cannot produce magic items or potions.
- NPCs no longer stop when player’s weapon is drawn (MeteoricDragon).
- Reputation propagation is now implemented (Allofich/Hazelnut). This means when you complete quests for certain reputation groups, your reputation gains/losses will influence related groups as per classic.
- Sorcerers no longer regen spell points, just like classic – recharge now available at Mages Guild (MeteoricDragon).
- Fixes for enhanced scroll list bugs (Hazelnut).
- Fixes for sound effects not respecting global sound effect volume (MeteoricDragon).
- Discovered locations are now imported from classic saves (Allofich).
- Console command “add [item] [qty]” now supports “add gold [qty]” For example, “add gold 1000” will give player 1000 gold pieces.
- Console command “reset_assets” will clear mesh and texture caches and refresh scene by performing an in-place quicksave then quickload. This uses the “QuickLoad” slot, so make another save if you don’t want to overwrite this slot.
- Console command “setmqstage 1” no longer forces player level 1. You can now use this command to restart main quest at any level. Caution this will also reset reputations and global variables.
- Bug fix for travel map opening map IMG files in read-write mode. This would cause a black screen when opening travel map on some systems depending where game files were stored. Changed this to use read-only mode as intended.
If you’re on the forums, you can discuss this release in this forum thread.
For more frequent updates on Daggerfall Unity, follow me on Twitter @gav_clayton.