I’ve released a small patch to version 0.2.9. Latest download is on the standalone download page.
Patch notes for recent versions below:
- Reverted minor change to terrain tilemap shader. This might fix black ground issue on older DX9 systems.
- Implemented floating origin for Y axis to correct flickering shadows at high elevations. This still requires full testing.
- Items imported from classic saves will have dye synced to material type at import time.
- Settings INI now saves floats with invariant culture.
- Update to Uncanny_Valley’s grass mod.
- Added restart button to options UI.
- Nystul fixed white interior textures when reflections mod enabled. Also fixes stalled fireplace animation.
- Arrows should now always display correct inventory icon.
- Can no longer equip arrows to hands.
- Disabled bows until archery is implemented.
- Can now open inventory from character window.
- Weapon manager now resets sheathe state and equipped hand on new game / load.
- Fixed floating origin issue that would start player high in the air when exiting a building at higher altitudes.
- Nystul fix for resetting dungeon map on new game.
- Disabled floating origin Y implementation for now. This means lighting and shadow issues at high elevations will return, particularly when using distant enhanced mod (which has a much higher vertical scale than default terrain).
- Camera now clears background when inside a dungeon allowing you better see within the void.
- Lypyl: Fix for white film on travel map. New console commands to display FPS and trigger action objects.
- Nystul: Automap camera settings now preserved when opening automap.
For regular small updates on Daggerfall Unity, I can be found on Twitter @gav_clayton.