Happy New Year everyone! I’m back from holidays and almost on top of my RL workload again. That means a whole new round of updates to Daggerfall Unity and DFTFU are about to begin. I’ve picked up where I left off last year with the item and inventory system, and will be posting more on this shortly.
Sometime in the next few weeks, I’ll start adding new test builds leading up to the 0.2 release. Key features of 0.2 will be:
- Basic inventory system and loot tables. Import items from classic saves.
- Travel map interface (by LypyL).
- Dungeon and interior automap interface (by Nystul).
- More bug fixes and incremental updates.
- Some more community resources for contributors.
I’ve also made a small new year’s resolution to post more technically-minded articles in 2016, as I let this slip with all the rapid-fire updates leading to 0.1. It was quite a shift for me going from pure tool development to building a game, and I rather miss just talking about what I’m working on.
Thanks for all your patience during the holiday season. I look forward to reading your feedback with the next round of updates.