I’m pleased to announce that Daggerfall Imaging 2 is now available for download. This version is a major upgrade to Daggerfall Imaging, with the following key changes:
- An improved, fully visual user interface with thumbnail previews.
- A flow layout image browser with image selection, mouse-over properties, and clipboard support.
- Bulk exporting with a tightly-integrated export manager.
- Custom descriptions for image files.
- Written entirely in C# using the Daggerfall Connect Library.
Download Manual (In PDF format. Requires Adobe Reader)
I have decided to release all the source code for my new tools (currently Daggerfall Connect and Daggerfall Imaging 2) under the free MIT License. More details will be released in the coming weeks.
There are a few limitations with the first release of Daggerfall Imaging 2 that will be corrected in the next version (2.1). These are:
- Limited GIF support. Poor palette matching, no transparency or animation.
- Image Browser renders flow layout only. A print layout is planned for 2.1.
- No printing or document export support at this time.
I look forward to hearing your feedback about Daggerfall Imaging 2. If you encounter any bugs, or have any suggestions, please contact me.