The huge 1.2 world update is finally live! The tools have come so far since 1.1 and a big thank you is in order to everyone who tested Developer Preview versions and sent me feedback. You’ve all helped 1.2 become more than it could have been without you.
- Now requires Unity 4.6. (and not yet compatible with 5.0).
- Vast streaming world can be created procedurally at runtime.
- Blazing-fast billboard system for dense trees.
- Tilemap shader for retro-style ground textures.
- Enter any valid building or dungeon.
- Random encounter tables in dungeons.
- MIDI synthesizer with custom SoundFont support.
- Hundreds of bug fixes and small improvements.
- Complete streaming world demo scene included with all code.
- Weather effects with Weather Manager.
- Helpers to change lighting based on time of day, season, dungeon.
- Contextual Song Manager to play music appropriate to player.
- Ambient Effects Player to play sound effects in dungeons, etc.
- A player compass.
- Footstep Manager to change footstep sounds in winter.
- Example enemy and player scripts for basic combat setup.
- Many more small helpers and one-shot classes to learn from.
Get The Release!
Watch The 1.2 Feature Video!
Play The Demo!
- Mouse move to look.
- W, S, A, D to move.
- SHIFT (hold) to run.
- SPACE to jump.
- LEFT-CLICK mouse to open doors, enter dungeons, operate switches, etc.
- ESC to exit game (standalone).
- Z to toggle weapons.
- Right-click and drag mouse to swing weapon.
- R (while outside) for random location, season, time of day, and weather.
- R (while in dungeon) to recall back to dungeon start.
- 1-7 for preset location (keeps current season, weather, etc.).
- P to toggle songs on/off.
- [ to play previous song in context playlist.
- ] to player next song in context playlist.
- – to reduce timescale (0-8 steps).
- = to increase timescale (0-8 steps).
- I to toggle mouse invert on/off.
- H to toggle high speed on/off.
- L to toggle debug text on/off.
The demo works perfectly on Pentium G840 and integrated video chip (Intel HD).
The dungeons are truly dark and even a bit scary.
It would be great to have some sort of a light source (implemented Light spell, for example).
Thanks for the feedback! Good call on the lighting, I will put this into a future demo.
Works great and is surprisingly easy to use (once you struggled through the Daggerfall installation 😉 ) Great work! Kudos!