Thanks to feedback from intrepid testers, I have a solid list of priority items to fix. I will start rolling out fixes in the next 24-48 hours, and may need to spread fixes across multiple test releases.
On the whole, the first compatibility test went very well. Daggerfall Unity ran for most people on a wide variety of systems, and most of the bugs found can be easily resolved. A very positive start to things.
Here’s the list of priority fixes coming in next couple of test builds.
- UI scaling issue at many resolutions.
- Alternate save path not used by SaveLoadManager.
- Linux not loading career data for class selection dialog.
- Needs Direct3D11 for full deferred shading on Windows. Will add INI options for downlevel rendering paths for all systems. (Note: This may reduce quality of lights and shadows).
- Game not launching, crashing on video files. Confirmed *.VID files not present in Arena2. Need to fail cleanly and advise users on how to workaround.
- INI options for tuning mouse weapon swinging.
- INI options for some cheating, GodMode and ExplorerMode (from demos).
- Pressing load with nothing to load will hang game.
- Genders occasionally not read properly from vanilla saves.
- Reaction setting occasionally not read properly from vanilla saves.
- Loading some saves will drop you through the world.
- Vampire characters not read cleanly. Need to at least read these characters back to starting race and appearance. Vampirism won’t be implemented until after quest system is done.
- Rebindable keys. Will do this in a config file first, then later provide a UI.