A new round of 0.5 builds are available from Live Builds page. Here’s an overview of what has changed in this version.
- Spellmaker now shows gold and spell costs. Spells will remain free to buy and cast for testing purposes.
- Casting spells now deducts spell points from player, but can continue to cast spells at 0 spell points for testing purposes.
- Crime & Punishment updates with more work on Court UI in progress (Allofich).
- Implemented Drain Attribute, Paralyze, Levitate effects. Check these Twitter links for short videos of Paralyze and and Levitate in action.
- Started work on Heal Attribute effects and resistance back-end. Currently only Heal Strength is available, will build more soon.
- Can now open spell book from character summary UI.
- Using smaller SoundFont “TimGM6mb.sf2” by default to reduce distribution size.
- Can now use custom SoundFont by placing .sf2 file in StreamingAssets/SoundFonts and setting SoundFont=filename.sf2 in settings.ini.
- Active spell effects are now saved/loaded.
- Allow mods to save/load data (TheLacus).
- Updated player headbob, smooth crouch, and other movement mechanics (MeteoricDragon).
- Implement town NPC dialog to include “Where Is > Person” queries (Nystul).
- Implement spell icons for active spells. Includes tooltips while game is paused.
- Updates to ensure default materials always have glossiness 0 and metallic 0 and alpha channel available. This is groundwork for using later Unity versions.
- Attacking civilians with offensive spells is now considered assault. Killing civilians with offensive spells is considered murder.
- Fix bug with loose file asset injection (TheLacus).
- Fix bug where player could not delete spells from spell book.
- Fixes for enemy turning (Allofich).
- Fix mobile NPCs “skating sideways”. Still some mobile NPC pop-in to resolve.
- Fix guild membership lost after loading a game (Hazelnut).
- Fix weather manager causing a crash after loading interior save, and preventing future saves.
- Fix enemies shooting bow too much (Allofich).
- Fix %god macro causing a crash in popup dialog. This would become evident when player could not complete quest or rest after bug occurred.
- Fix certain quest NPC placement tracking to support dialog system.
- Fix certain town quests starting and ending instantly due to travel time not being calculated (merchant and commoner quests are still in progress).
- Fix bug where player could melee attack at bow range after changing hands from a bow attack.
- Fix travel map border not disabling when zooming in.
- Minor quest fixes.
For more frequent updates on Daggerfall Unity, follow me on Twitter @gav_clayton.