Daggerfall Tools for Unity 1.0 is now available for general download. Click here for download page. Change notes are below.
I’ve been working on this like a man possessed the last week or so. I definitely need a short break to clear my head and get some perspective on what comes next. I’ll talk more about this when I can.
I hope you have fun with Daggerfall Tools for Unity! If you have any feedback, bug reports, or feature requests, please feel free to contact me.
- Exterior door triggers are now sized appropriately to doors.
- Added support for exterior dungeon doors.
- Added enum for static door types.
- Added DaggerfallInterior component to layout interiors.
- Hinged action doors are now loaded inside building interiors and dungeons. They can be locked, magically held, bashed open, opened by monsters, and play appropriate sounds.
- Added example class to transition in and out of interiors.
- Player controller can click into and out of building interiors using example script.
- Player controller now has moving platform support and ceiling hit detection.
- Fixed broken sky hemisphere swap, refined sky scrolling.
- Sky component can now be attached anywhere, such as to an exterior parent object. It will search for MainCamera if one is not specified.
- Added default unlit billboard shader to MaterialReader. This will be used by light billboards.
- Added default unlit texture material to MaterialReader. This will be used by fireplaces and similar textures.
- Added dungeon action records and examples of activation by player.
- Add iTween to __ExternalAssets namespace for animating hinged doors and action records. iTween was chosen as it will be familiar to the most Unity developers.
- Removed QuickSize() and QuickScale() from API as they were incompatible with standalone builds.
- Added size and scale properties to new method GetCachedMaterial(). The cached method slightly reduces scene building time and is compatible with standalone builds.
- Palette files can now be loaded in standalone builds.
- Bug fixes to standalone build startup and loading from Resources.
- Added exception handling when loading invalid enemy indices.
- Added exception handling for missing Run and Jump inputs in player controller prefab.
- Changed Scripts/Other folder to Scripts/Demo. Contents are now in DaggerfallWorkshop.Demo namespace. These classes are not part of core tools but show examples of specific tasks such as loading interiors.
- Added example weapon loading with variable tinting based on metal type.
- Added example attack manager for gesture-based attacks.
- Fixed API bug when getting DFSize for animated weapon records.
- Enemy mobiles now read in “not hostile” flag where set in game data, and will not attack unless provoked. Examples are guard in castles and liches/vampire the King of Worms court.
- Added DaggerfallAudioSource component for dynamically loading and playing sound effects from DAGGER.SND.
- Created sound enumeration to name and group effects.
- Linked sound definitions to enemy mobiles and action triggers.
- Added ambient effect player.
- New flags to import sounds automatically.
- Added flag to MaterialReader controlling mipmap creation.
- Lots of fixes and extensions to Demo scripts.